Dear PockEmul’s fans,we are pleased to announce the new PockEmul release. It will be available in the next few days.
This new version brings two new models and some new features:
- New Elektronika MK-85 package.
- The HP-48gx is now available for free with its HP-82240B IR printer.
- The Casio FP-200 Japan is now available.
- The Sharp CE-153 Board is now part of the PC-1500 Pack.
- The Sharp CE-140f has now an extended disk management.
- The Memory Viewer now includes Export / Import feature in Binary and Intel Hex format.
- Improved UI: On small screens (mobile devices), all scene icons (main menu, Fit and dock) automatically disappear after 3 seconds.
- A lot of bug fixes.
- Privacy: In the previous release, Android could report clipboard access when starting PockEmul. This was a bug which is now fixed. PockEmul never copied clipboard data at startup.
In 1986 appeared the “Elektronika MK-85”, the first Soviet calculator
with the “BASIC” programming language for microcomputers.
The Elektronika MK-85 appears to be an exact copy of the Casio FX-700P.
It has the same form factor and the typical Casio editor with 10 independent program zones.
But in fact, this computer has a completely proprietary hardware architecture
with a custom-built 16-bit KA1013VM1 microprocessor, PDP-11 compatible.
Unfortunately, the only documentation available is in Russian, but you can use the supplied Casio FX-700P to explore its capabilities.
The HP-48gx is a graphic calculator designed and produced by Hewlett-Packard from 1993 to 2003.
It comes with its infrared printer, the HP-82240B.
This calculator is available for free in PockEmul. Mainly because excellent HP-48 emulators are available for free on Android Store and Apple Store, secondly as a loss leader for younger generations to introduce them to 80’s computers.
The emulation is not yet perfect and some features are missing:
- Memory extension slots are not yet managed.
- The serial port is not managed.
- The self test sequence at startup (ON + E) is not working.
- The sound is not working.
The Sharp CE-153
Way ahead of its time, this touch-sensitive tablet is such an atypical device.
I don’t know if it will be explored by many PockEmul fans but this tablet was so unique that I absolutely wanted it in PockEmul.
It is part of the PC-1500 Pack.
On small screens (mobile devices), all scene icons (main menu, Fit and dock) might interfere with the emulated device keys.
Those icons now automatically disappear after 3 seconds.
Just tap on a key-free space and they turn visible for 3 seconds.
This behavior can be disabled in settings.
A lot of minor bug fixes and enhancements are part of this release.
- There was an issue with the CE-140F disk drive and the Sharp PC-E500 when saving ASCII files.
- The Sharp PC-1600 0.5sec timer interrupt was not fired.
- The Casio PB-1000 keyboard was not managed perfectly and sometimes the shift key was not detected.
- Improved HP-41 extension management.
2 thoughts on “PockEmul 2.7.0 New Release”
Muchas gracias por el aviso
Nice to see the new version and Hp-71b appearance on the to-do list. Please consider Hp-75c/d as well in the future.
Perhaps Elektronika Mk-90 will come next?
Look forward to Panasonic HHC updates.